RenWeb Admissions Home
Welcome to Greenville Classical Academy's Online Application. Thank you for your interest in our school!
When to Apply
Families may apply as early as mid-November for the next school year. We encourage families to begin the application process as soon as possible. Applying early, helps ensure a spot for your child in their grade. We prefer that the online application for each applicant be submitted no later than July 15. The application must be completed online and supplemental forms downloaded, completed and returned to the school.
All application fees are non-refundable and vary by grade as follows:
K4 and K5 - $150
1st - 6th grades - $150
Full-time 5-day 7th and 8th grades - $150
UMS (3-day) 7th - 12th grades - $50
(After July 15, a $100 late application fee will be added to each of the above amounts.)
How to Apply
The Admissions area of our website is designed to make the application process as simple as possible using our Online Application.
- Because GCA partners with Christian parents to assist them in the Biblical upbringing and education of their children, both parents should have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and functioning of Greenville Classical Academy. Both parents must read the Statement of Faith and accept that it constitutes the doctrinal beliefs of the school and agree to have their children taught in accordance with the Statement of Faith. At least one parent must verbally articulate a saving relationship with Jesus Christ during the family interview and personally affirm GCA's statement of faith.
- Each family is required to have their pastor (or similar church figure) submit a completed Pastoral Reference Form.
- The parents must be willing to cooperate with the policies of the school board. This is most important in the areas of discipline and schoolwork.
- Parents must understand the school’s commitment to parental responsibility for their child’s education. Greenville Classical Academy exists to assist parents in the task of educating their children, not to take over responsibility for the education of their children. Greenville Classical Academy requires parents to be very actively engaged and involved in the education of their children.
- Generally, a child should reach the age of four (4) for K4 and the age of five (5) for K5 by September 1 of the year in which he enrolls at Greenville Classical Academy.
- Generally, a child who has not completed Kindergarten at Greenville Classical Academy should reach the age of six (6) by September 1 of the year in which he enrolls in first grade at Greenville Classical Academy.
- Children entering subsequent grades will be admitted to a grade based on having successfully completed the previous grade at home or at another school and having performed satisfactorily on an admissions assessment test for the grade to which they are applying.
- Academic portfolios and/or copies of standardized achievement test scores and recent report cards for each student who is applying must be submitted with the Application for Admission. As part of the application process and evaluation, Greenville Classical Academy will also examine the student’s records and transcripts from previous schools attended.
- Applicants for K5 will be tested using the YCAT. Applicants for 1st - 6th grades will be assessed in Reading, Writing, Math, and Grammar to determine their academic readiness for the program at Greenville Classical Academy. Applicants for 7th-12th grades will be accessed for math and English grammar and composition. Assessment results and prior records will be used to determine the suitability of the Greenville Classical program for the student’s needs. Students who perform below the standards for entrance into a particular grade level may be recommended for placement in a lower grade.
- The child should understand that his parents have delegated their authority to Greenville Classical Academy while the child is in school. (S)he is therefore subject to the instruction and discipline of the teachers and staff while in school.
Creating an Online Application
To begin the Online Application process, select Create an Account
from the menu above.
Then log into your account and Create A New Student Application for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
After submitting the application, you will be able to track your admissions status at the school by logging into your account. There you will be able to print the completed applications, monitor when the school receives supplemental application forms, and if necessary reprint the supplemental forms.
Request More Information
We Look Forward to Meeting You
If you have not already done so, please attend an Open House or schedule a visit and take a tour. We would very much like to meet you and if you visit on a school day, we would love for you to see our students and teachers in the classroom.
We appreciate your interest, and want to assist you any way we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail our Admissions Director at email@example.com
Nancy Blough, Admissions Director
Greenville Classical Academy
Greenville Classical Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Greenville Classical Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.